The Continuous ROC Mergers RT 700 represents the symbol of a revolutionary raking system. It has got a working width of 7 m and a pick up width of 5,9m. It is possible to unload one belt on the right and one belt on the left or both belts can go to the right or to the left. The main difference, compared to traditional rakes, is represented both by the pick up system: the RT 700 lifts the crop in order then to transport it on a conveyor belt, whereas traditional rakes drag the crop on the ground up to the windrow; and by its own position: in fact, the RT 700, unlike the other rakes, can be used on reverse drive or in front of a tractor (only while using it in the field). These differences lead to:
- Less stripping and contamination of the crop, caused by the tractor’s wheels which tread on it. The RT 700 is the only merger among the RT Series to have the possibility of being hooked in front of a tractor or to be used on reverse drive, by anticipating in this way the harvest before trading on the product.
- Working facility in very little fields; in fact, it’s much easier to control the working area while using the merger in front of a tractor and so reducing the operator’s weariness.
- Less hay stripping and higher quality. After sun drying, the little alfalfa stalks, which support leaves, become extremely fragile. If the crop is picked up by using traditional rotary-rakes, especially in the absence of dew, little stalks are more subject to break.
- Lower product losses. In the presence of wheel-tracks or holes, during crop dragging, traditional rakes tend to leave a part of the product on the ground.
- Less damages in growth. Under normal conditions, already after 2 or 3 days from mowing, some kind of products like alfalfa, reveal a growth made up of small stalks with some leaves.