The continuous ROC Mergers RT 380 represents the symbol of a revolutionary raking system. The main difference compared to traditional rakes is represented by both the pick-up system and by the working position of the merger as to the tractor. Firstly, ROC RT 380 lifts the crop in order then to transport it on a conveyor belt, whereas traditional rakes drag the crop on the ground up to the windrow. Secondly, unlike traditional rakes ROC RT 380 can be fastened both on the front and on the back of the tractor, driving it in this latter case with inverted drive. These differences lead to:
- No stripping of crop leaves and no product contamination due to tractor wheels.
- Easy working conditions even in very small fields. By using the merger frontally, it is easy indeed to control the working area and to reduce the operator’s weariness;
- Less stripping of hay and higher quality. Owing to sun drying little alfalfa stalks, which support leaves, become indeed extremely fragile.
- Lower product losses. In presence of wheel-tracks or holes, during crop dragging traditional rakes tend to leave on the ground a part of product.
- Less damages to fresh growth of crop. Under normal conditions, already after 2 or 3 days from harvesting some kinds of crop like alfalfa produce fresh growth made up of small stalks and some leaves.